Future Technology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University of Southeastern Philippines Institute of Computing Future Technology Students under Sir Mark Buladaco

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)

Go down 
+30
karl philip abregana
Neil Rey Niere
Brian C. Namuag
michael george guanzon
jealou azucena
Sheila Capacillo
emiliojopiajr.
Jerusalem M. Alvaira
Joverly A. Gonzales
John Cesar E. Manlangit
shane sacramento
Dolorosa Mancera
venus millena
ailaine adaptar
creza_jill_bulacito
Michelle Adlawan
Maria Theresa F. Rulete
athina alorro
Stihl Lhyn Samonte
sharlyn joy pines
Honey Lynne Accion
gleizelle jen dieparine
Shiela Marie Pinili Nara
Joseph Ethel Valdez
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo
Ilyn P. Mapalo
Ariel B. Serenado
John Paul Pulido
Kris Vincent L. Plariza
MVBuladaco
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MVBuladaco

Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Empty
PostSubject: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:52 am

As a future IT professional, what do you think will be your contributions for the development of technology based on what you learned from college? Define each and state its implications towards our IT society and industry.

Last edited by MVBuladaco on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kris Vincent L. Plariza

Kris Vincent L. Plariza

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Based on my 5 years in this program, I could list down some contributions and Implications involving the trend of technology. Specifically..

• Mobility: Computing on the Go: The development of mobile technology starts with calling with love ones. Then text messaging and even MMS and SNS to mobile browsing and messaging systems. The impact of these technology based on their experiences is to check and update even on the go. There is a danger within, robbery of such devices is still lurking especially in transport system around the country [1]. The industrial side for that is the applications and sites for mobile become a hottest trend nowadays and even future which answers issues on prolong sitting down and face to the computer or laptop in checking mails and updating sites and blogs [2]. Nowadays, most sites (specifically news and social networking) now comes with the mobile version for handsets to keep them updates and on track.
  • Integration of sites and apps with a Social Network: Before, some students have different accounts on different social networks like Friendster, Tagged, and even popular Facebook have separate accounts in common. Now, some social networking accounts uses accounts on other social networking accounts like a site that requires Facebook account to register. The security gets tense too when log-in though Facebook account that seems to be blocked in most institutions and even offices. The bottom line about that is that security attacks are happening especially on Facebook that poses blackmailed information and cyber attacks though their account id or even email addresses. But the bottom line is, this will become the hub for bullies and possible harassments ranging from simple to political and even sexual ones.
  • Cyber Crime 4 Money: Ranging from Copying to Cyberattacks: Goodbye to conventional bank robberies, welcome wire frauds. That is the theme of social impact on the use of computing resources to steal data which ranges from text data, to blobs. Crimes nowadays goes to the wire to achieve what they ever wanted or even resorted for a living with the family. Modus for this attack uses aliases that can changes anytime or even every minute or second. Even with cash card technologies, it's still happen. This attacks damages the people who using such technologies and cause the developers to create complex security modules in order to counter-attack crackers. Aside from wired robbery, scandals depicted everywhere too. Some videos produced using mobile phones nowadays and even digital cameras plus simple reproduction tool to make it viral. These attacks eventually destroys victims dignity and respect that could hard to recover. And lastly, Copy...distribution of copies of works from the artists without permission is the common act even students like us are doing too. Torrents are everywhere and use it to download every file that causes problems which compromised bandwidths. These things are the possible root for the future of cyber crime.
  • Learning Management: Learning is part of peoples life nowadays. Before, they require mentors to learn new things but today eBooks and Learning Management System goes into boom. But there is a risk there, spamming, security issues, plagiarism and the like.

References:

1. The Sydney Morning Herald, December 21, 2010. Smartphones 'hottest item for thieves'. Available at: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/smartphones-hottest-item-for-thieves-20101221-193jt.html (Accessed: December 21, 2010)
  2. Dr. Ni, Mao Shing, 2010. Sitting Shortens your Lifespan. Available at: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/drmao/sitting-shortens-your-lifespan (Accessed: Decembmer 21, 2010)

This post found on my blog: Contributions of Development from College Days on Project Blacksnake. Available at http://projectblacksnake.blogspot.com/2010/12/contributions-of-development-from.html.
Back to top Go down
http://projectblacksnake.blogspot.com
John Paul Pulido

John Paul Pulido

PostSubject: Case Study 2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 pm

As a future IT professional somewhere, someday i might contribute on this following things to the IT Industry and to the Society;

Arrow GREEN COMPUTING- As technology grows, our mother nature is slowly damage and destroyed. By the use of Green Computing we can follow the trend in technology and at the same time neglecting the damage that it inflicts to our mother nature or just minimize it. In this sense, many IT professionals are trying to discover the things that can make these damages be lessen. I myself is a supporter of this movement, the green computing because as a human I am also responsible for our environment.

Arrow Support FOSS- Software at this time, is quite expensive that not all programmers can buy it. I want to support the Open Source Community by spreading it's benefits to all the aspiring IT professional out there. Open Source is a great way of starting your job because it is free of charge and you can do what ever you want to the software without violating any law.

Arrow GAME to LEARN- I myself is a gamer, that is why I am encouraging all IT professionals that gaming has a positive effect on everyday's life. In gaming, you will learn strategies and have fun at the same time. Gaming doesn't always indicate bad things it also helps in the logical thinking of a person.
Back to top Go down
Ariel B. Serenado

Ariel B. Serenado

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 am

On becoming an IT professional takes a lot of doing, not just acquiring related degree but also right credentials and proper training in the field where you involved. However, learning from school is not enough for one to cater all activities professionally; frequent training keeps the skill fresh and enhances one’s knowledge and skills that can help bigger contributions for the development of technology.

As a future IT professional, the following will be my contributions for the development of technology based on what I have learned from my college years:

Contribute theories on simplifying processes – The different courses being offered and being taught in school are vital tools that help students to come up with a set of ideas necessary to simplify a process. The learning and trend of technology paved the way for various processes to evolve – from manual process to an automated one. To automate a process is a big impact in the society and in the industry. Automated process enables tasks to be accomplished less that the number of hours expected for an ordinary employee to finish the task.

Implement IT related projects based on theories– implementation of a project such as system software would greatly help the community especially if the project is the answer to current need of the society. Implementing a project that’s open source is a great help to the open community, aside from the fact that they can acquire the software for free, source codes are also given and distributed. In this manner, one can modify and enhance the functionality of the software based on the needs.

Participate in strategic planning - In any organization strategic planning is important, it is considered as a vital tool to adopt organizational standards and to take actions towards the future of an organization.
Back to top Go down
Ilyn P. Mapalo

Ilyn P. Mapalo

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 am

As a future IT professional, what will be your contributions in the development of technology?

Either be a successful one or not , it will depend on how I will handle my career and life. Of what will be happening from this day onwards would really rely on my own hands. Back to the question of what will be my contribution/s for the development of technology since I am still studying now as an IT student will depend on what i have learned and to be learn more from my subjects. One of the subject of an BSIT program is HRM. It stands for Human Resource Management. According to wikipedia, HRM is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business. Management is very common and very important to make a certain organization or company to succeed. Without proper management in all aspects, such organization can be down to failure. Inside the management is the discipline in which it conforms to the behavior of each personnel in an organization. It has a big impact to society and industry since to be able to have a satisfying work is to have discipline first and to know your position well and also have a comfortable life to all your co-worker that surrounds you.

I also have learned about the FOSS thing in which I really appreciate for those developers whom give their time, knowledge and effort freely to those who can't afford to the proprietary software. For that, I will give them (to the FOSS developer) my support for I am one of their beneficiary. Very Happy

My Blog: http://www.cutylyn.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ilyn P. Mapalo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

Gabrielle Anne Rae Deseo

PostSubject: CASE STUDY 2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm

The following are what I could probably contribute on technology development which I acquired from college.

IT Education
In college we were thought about FOSS being a tool for a better education of technology. Open source software are those liberally licensed software which could generously be distributed and give right for the users to use, study and modify, its design through the availability of its source code. IT education using FOSS would generously help those who could not afford to have proprietary software especially for schools.

Application Development
Not just developing several applications but maybe just having shared my learning on application development. On applications we are currently developing at this semester in college, our professors have been guiding us and giving us tips on developing am efficient and effective applications.

Network and Web Security
Security is a big issue when we talk about technology issues since people are now into accessing the world wide web. The issue in privacy also comes with this matter. Surfing through the net, using application, getting into e-commerce, using social network sites and other involve having exchange of private information and so there is a risk of obtaining information by unauthorized person. From what I have gotten from our lessons in college are good enough to be one layer of security on using the web or in a network.

My blog post:
http://xiibee.blogspot.com/2011/01/future-tech-case-study-2.html
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joseph Ethel Valdez

Joseph Ethel Valdez

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Information technology (IT) has made a great advance with popularizing internet access and its use by people throughout the world. The value of information itself has been enhanced in business scenes as well as in daily lives. Thus, as a future IT professional someday my contribution for the development of technology based on what I learned from college are:

Adapt to Change- Adapting to change help us to discover and explore the modern world of technology. As IT people, we should engage with this to know the latest technologies and it will also help us to create and develop better technologies in the future to satisfy what the needs of the people. But sometimes people resist to change because of the feeling of discomfort with the nature of change itself, which may violate their moral belief systems. In this manner, implementing theories would help the user by proving a step by step manual and easy to understand instruction will ease there discomfort in the system.

Implementing ISP- As an IT student I would encourage companies to implement IPS to priorities the needs of the company. The information systems plan project determines the sequence for implementing specific information systems. The goal of the strategy is to deliver the most valuable business information at the earliest time possible in the most cost-effective manner. It must be also use timely, useable, maintainable, able to be iterated into a quality product, and reproducible. It will also help developers to develop technologies that would fit the needs of the company.

Setting Standard- It is important when developing a system the programmers should set a standard to improve the quality of the system and to satisfy what the consumer want.

Technology changed the humanity for the better to improve the standards of living in ways that we couldn't even believe were possible to happen.

my blog:http://jevaldez.blogspot.com/2011/01/information-technology-it-has-made.html Arrow Arrow
Back to top Go down
Shiela Marie Pinili Nara

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 pm

One of my learnings in college days especially in programming subjects is the conviction that we shan't code for the sake of coding. We have to to remember that bit and speed counts. We must code efficiently and effectively.

My prospect would be to develop a more effective and efficient Information Systems. In developing it, there's so many factors to consider. It includes the software, hardware and the peopleware. Specific hardware must be chosen for a specific system. Software applies coding and programming. Peopleware involves the users. We must think users as new to computer systems. thus, we must create a system that has understandable interfaces and functionalities.

It is a must to understand our client. We have to know the operation so as the financial matters of the client. Subjects such as Financial Management, Accounting, Systems Analysis and Design and Software Engineering will help a lot in misunderstanding business flow, processes, etc.

To simulate events that can't be studied real-time or actual is important in an institution to provide better services to their clients. Moreover, to improve existing technologies is part of the work of IT professionals.

To be a part of the project is enough. Whether, a leader or a team member. After all, the goal must be one, to improve the quality of services for our users. Users as part of the society.

more at my blog@ http://atthewritecorner.blogspot.com/2011/01/as-future-it-professional.html

Back to top Go down
gleizelle jen dieparine

gleizelle jen dieparine

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 pm

As a future IT professional, what do you think will be your contributions for the development of technology based on what you learned from college? Define each and state its implications towards our IT society and industry.

Having a IT profession which learned from many years of studying in college and also experiences on its field , it implies contribution on one’s self and also on society. It has proven to in our country IT professionals are really contributed a lot not only in their company but they also build up our industry to level on other higher country.
Being an IT student, I have a task to prove on myself that I could also contribute for the development of technology .I may say that learning in college is not enough for me to learn much about this profession but soon when I gain much experience on my field I could say I am also a contributor for the development of technology on our society.But then before we could say that lets define what may my contribution for the development of technology based on what I have learned from college.

Contribute analyzing skill which need by an organization – This skill is develop through out in our college life, which also our critical thinking skill. This skill may contribute a lot to a company that is in need to evaluate on adopting a technology fit for their organization. Such being a system analyst which comprehend the process of understanding in detail what a system should be accomplish or problem solver.
Cooperating in developing future IT projects- With cooperation within the group of people who develop a IT project may bring a success for their project. Even if , you doesn’t have a lot to contribute ,but a single work may help .
Contribute skill about Data Security within the Network- This skill is important to a organization specially in the privacy of a their data, the security of their network . Having this skill may be critical since it handles the working processes of the organization.
Managing Skills- this skills may contribute to help accomplish a work in time .Managing is one of the hard thing to do if individual doesn’t know how to manage , it may loss lots of his accomplish job.

See my blog: http://gleizelle.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Honey Lynne Accion

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Based from what I learned in college, I think my contributions for the development of technology probably be my skills, sense of creativity and discipline.

• Skills - an IT professional must be computer literate knowing the basic of programming, photoshop, and others.

I think with this aspect, the person may raise the standard of what the country has now. Since we are living in the world where technology boosted and changing so fast, the society itself must not be far behind and should not be contented of what the community is facing. The technology really changes the phase of living where everything seems like easy to deal with. If ever all the people in a sleeping society levels up, I think all are educated and powerful in its real sense. In other words, the technology turns out to be the other way of people's learning education.

• Sense of Creativity- a creative mind builds up good ideas.

People has its own sense of creativity. It just lies on us. A person who is creative merely gives life to a plain sheet which is nothing. For example in an industry where in they are creating magazine from different entertainments mostly need their help. It is like people who are creative have this inner workings of the mind that every time they strike the pen seems has the passion of making great things work.

• Discipline- good action towards your work and the people you are dealing of.

This aspect must be in the character itself. Why? Because in the real world of work, you will be meeting different people with different personality. We must remember that to make a certain project work, everyone in the team must cooperate and attain good relationship.

my blog:

http://cshoney017.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-contributions-for-development-of.html
Back to top Go down
sharlyn joy pines

sharlyn joy pines

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 pm

My possible contributions in the development of technology based on what I've learned from college:

bounce Mobile Computing

Though we don't have strong foundation on mobile computing, at least we tackle it during college. And with me having the courage and interest to pursue it, it would be an advantage to pursue a career related to mobile computing.
Today, no business is successful without the fast and in-time communication. Delayed communications in the businesses may result in the financial losses, client’s dissatisfaction, reduces sales and the problems with in-time decision making. Mobile computing refers to using the small portable and hand held computing devices such as PDA, laptops,mobile phones, MP3 players, digital cameras, tablet PC and Palmtops in a wireless enabled network. In broad sense, it is referred to use any handheld computing device without the cables.

bounce Network and Web Security

Since we were taught with network and web security and I find it uselful in the field of IT, I am sure it will be a great contribution in the development of technology.
It seems there is no stopping social networking from interrupting not only our personallives but also our business lives, but there are security issues involved.A recent survey from Cisco suggests that employees are consistently working around IT security policies in order to access social networking sites by using unsupported devices and applications.The changing enterprise security environment is evolving as borderless networking is growing.

bounce System Development and Applications

We are bombarded with many projects in system development and applications during the past semesters. I'm sure, making it possible with all those projects, it would be possible also to deal related projects in the near future.
System development defines a standard approach to systems analysis and design, and to the building and testing of new information systems. This may include policies regarding the use of CASE (Computer Assisted Software Engineering) tools;

Moreover, I believe that it is a student's desire to know that impels learning. What might be taught in the class will be far from the real scenario. With the popularity of the internet, everything we want to know is just a click away and it's an advantage. We don't have to rely much of our learning from the four corners but broaden our knowledge through our own will and interests.

Back to top Go down
Stihl Lhyn Samonte

Stihl Lhyn Samonte

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:05 pm

As a future IT professional, possibly I could contribute for the development of technology based on what I’ve learned from college:

Time Management

In developing a technology the time management is very important, you’ll be able to use your time in a much more balanced and effective way, the important point is that time management is not necessarily about getting lots of stuff done, because much more important than that is making sure that you are working on the right things, the things that truly need to be done your activities in right time. Improving your time management skills can even help you get better results by doing less work and having a successful opportunity.

Technological Skills

In developing a technology, as an IT professional should be familiar with degree of technological knowledge to complete the project. Nowadays, new technologies develop and build up, as an IT professional should be able to adopt various styles of applications in identifying alternative solutions to the problem. Provide a best explanation and solution so that you can develop a technique in developing a successful technology.

Team Building

In developing team project, as an IT professional should be expert in facilitating team meetings, conflict resolution and handling diverse team. Should ensure motivation and empowerment of team members by encouraging the suggestion and recommendations of the team and allowing the team share their opinions.

mY bLog:http://stihlyn.blogspot.com Arrow
Back to top Go down
athina alorro

athina alorro

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

It is said that knowledge is useless unless it is applied to improve our community. When we go out in the real world and work as professionals, it is expected for us to apply everything that we learned from college. College is just a training ground where we are acquire specialized skills according our field of expertise which in our case – in the field of Information Technology. Since technology plays a major part in my course, it is somehow become my moral obligation as an IT enthusiast to contribute for its advancement to make our community better.

The following will be my possible contributions for the development of technology in the future:

- Create innovative systems that would redefine technological experience.

In college, our professors have always encouraged us to think creatively. Formulating system proposals have always been a challenge because they always remind us that it should be unique and useful. They always encourage us to think out of the box and formulate creative ideas. It is said that great things comes from a great idea turned to reality. From those creative ideas, we are currently and continue to create systems that would help our school and our community. This kind of training would help us to create unique and innovative systems that would not only help the community but can possibly become a major technological trend in the future.

- Encourage and support creative ideas from the next generation.

As future leaders and future IT mentors, it will become our responsibility to mold and guide the future generation of IT professionals. In the future, it will be our job to encourage the future generation to create innovative ideas and support them in turning their ideas to reality.

In our field, being in college is not solely about trying to learn a specific programming language but instead we are being molded to become Expert Learners. Being an expert learner means that we could learn just about anything on our own. This kind of training in college will enable us to learn and create new things through technology that would help improve our community in the future.

Back to top Go down
http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Maria Theresa F. Rulete

Maria Theresa F. Rulete

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Since I have started to learn what my profession really is, and if I would think of what would be my contributions for the development of technology on what I have learned from college, the first thing that would come on my mind is I would like to work with the security issues in systems. According to Wikipedia, computer security is a branch of computer technology known as information security as applied to computers and networks. The objective of computer security includes protection of information and property from theft, corruption, or natural disaster, while allowing the information and property to remain accessible and productive to its intended users. We all know the fact that information security is not yet as perfect as we wanted it to be. There would still be ways to hack systems nowadays and that’s why I would really want to contribute ways for the data and systems security to be perfect like no one could really get through the systems without permission.

MY BLOG: CASE STUDY 2

Last edited by Maria Theresa F. Rulete on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Michelle Adlawan

Michelle Adlawan

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Being an IT student had given me a lot of things to learn and enable me to somehow use those learning in my everyday life. And as far as my learning in college are concern, I think my contributions for the development of technology as a future IT professional would be the following:

Being receptive to technological changes – In school, we were taught to use and apply different programming languages, devices, and applications that made me open for change and became cooperative in whatever new learning we eventually deal and learn. As technology grows, there’s a certain need of adjustments from the regular routine to an altered and modernized working environment. This inevitability will definitely create large development and improvement in the technology; and being able to learn to easily adapt these changes would be a great help for the company that I'll be working or the community to grow and build up.

An active supporter in green campus computing – I have learned about the advocacy in the responsible usage of computing devices in order to avoid destroying the environment. It made me well-informed about its importance and what impact it could create if this advocacy would be supported and followed. The school especially my college (Institute of Computing) had been an open supporter of green campus computing. From the start of its implementation, I have been fascinated about green campus computing and become a supporter for it. And as technology develops and grows, I can see that there’s a need for the people to be aware on how to properly use those computing devices by not affecting negatively the environment.

Use skills in creating helpful innovation and modernization – Our skills were taught and trained by our instructors and they have taught us to think open-mindedly and become observant on the essential needs in our environment. From this, we were taught to become cautious in utilizing our skills in a more beneficial way. For instance, if creating a system, its functionalities must associate to the needs of the individuals who will become its end-users. A helpful innovation would eventually give an upright result for you and for the community.

Being in college had become a great challenge for me as a student. However, it gave me a lot of things to learn that enable me to become aware of the responsibility that I carry when I graduate and as a future IT professional.

Last edited by Michelle Adlawan on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.writefulprotest.blogspot.com/
creza_jill_bulacito

creza_jill_bulacito

PostSubject: Case 2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Network Security

Internet has been widely used for more than a decade and it has a millions of users worldwide, in which every site must have policies and conditions regarding on using the network. I have learned a lot of things which involves about network security on how to prevent other third parties attacking your site, getting information, hacking your database or even exploit your own privacy. Security is very important thing that is why I want to help and indulge on developing new strategies on network security. Even a small contribution on new techniques of protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of an information is a big impact on the society.

System development and Strategies

Most of IT professionals has experienced on system development from a small accounting system to larger processing system. Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Engineering achieve Business Integration in the enterprise for more effective Technology Integration and development. As for all IT professionals before proceeding on the development stage it is a very basic routine to know the development methodologies and strategies on creating a system. I would like to express especially on schools that all IT professionals should share their knowledge to students on what are the efficient way on developing projects. Well, I probably see it would be hard for some IT professionals on sharing their craft for on their part they did it on their own and every human being has there own perspective on technology development.
Back to top Go down
ailaine adaptar

ailaine adaptar

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:29 pm

As a future IT professional, what do you think will be your contributions for the development of technology based on what you learned from college? Define each and state its implications towards our.

Maybe I will not be as skillful and as excellent as my other colleagues after graduation. In this case, someday, I will do my share as an IT Professional in these simple ways which I believe would contribute to the growth and innovation of the industry where I belong- IT industry. This is the simplest I can do..so I will try to do it excellently.

1. Being a Green Computing advocate

This is the simplest yet effective contribution I believe I can do. It is by using and disposing these computing technologies efficiently and effectively to minimize or eradicate the negative impact to the environment. Well, I would always give a thumbs-up to the Green Computing or the Green IT advocates because practicing the latter would effectively help all livings.

2. Support Free-Open Source Software

I am aware of an open source environment for the reason that I benefitted to it since my tertiary education. As far as I am experiencing, FOSS contributed great to the fast development of the IT society and industry. In any ways, supporting this would bring good both to the proprietary and non-proprietary softwares and concerned parties.

3. Participate to the Electronic Learning- sharing discoveries, techniques, and knowledge through online journals and forums

In the pursue of our courses and profession, we do learn and discover something new and worthy to be shared. By posting it to your online journals or participating to the online discussions. Like me, all other intermediate or expert developers partake their knowledge online and involve themselves to online discussions where ideas, great and small, are shared and discussed. In some ways, innovations and inventions arise.

Post available at:
http: http://ailearned.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
venus millena

venus millena

PostSubject: Future IT Professional contribution in the Society   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Being a future IT Professional what can be my contributions for the development will be the following:

1. To be a good IT consultant. Based on what I’ve learned about career that an IT professional can have is becoming an IT consultant. I think being a good one would be a great help to the community in the sense that business nowadays is in IT development. I can give them good advice what the business is needed and what it can do more through using a better and suitable technology for them.

2. To be a good team leader or project manager. Being a good leader means being a good follower which most of the time is not that easy to follow because of being egoistic of a man. This is hard to gain but one’s it comes to your blood stream it would probably a good help for development to whole project as well as being a better person.

3. To become creative and adoptive IT professional. Becoming a creative and adoptive in such a way that knowing to use the full blast of the technology based on the resources that are available. Even making creative design for graphical and animation aspects, while being adoptive on the free and available software that can help make improvements. In simple term being innovative in improvising IT enhancements.

4. Being a good follower. Being a good follower, I mean here is to know how to follow standard for compatibility and accessibility purposes. I also emphasizing here following what’s new in the IT world to make you compatible on what is the latest trends, strategies and process, always updating oneself.

5. Becoming a good communicator. Communicating with clients is a crucial part in IT business. You have to give clearer view on how importance is your products to be used in their companies. You have to convince them in the way that you have to make them understand its importance, and talking to clients is a very tough job.

All these are what I think I can probably my contributions in IT world.
Back to top Go down
Dolorosa Mancera

Dolorosa Mancera

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 pm

College is simply a medium of pursuing our dreams. In our college life we are trained according to the field that we chose and equip us with knowledge that we can use throughout our life. Since I have chosen Information Technology as my field, technology plays a vital role in my course. But being an IT professional needs frequent training and enough experience with our field of expertise.

Below are the list of my possible contributions for the development of technology in the future:

Idea develop innovative systems
In college we are thought how to develop software. We are challenge to think creatively and be open of what we could do to help our industry especially our school. Our professors trained us with the different skills that we should acquire and prepare us with what it will be in the real world of industry.

Idea promote Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
FOSS is software that is liberally licensed to grant the right of users to use, study, change, and improve its design through the availability of its source code. In the near future I would help promote the use of FOSS technology. In college we are thought of what FOSS is and from that I have seen the advantages that it could give especially for students and even in the government.

Idea encourage Green Computing
One of the effective contribution i could do is to encourage everyone with green computing. Green computing refers to environmentally sustainable computing. Green Computing aims to reduce the use of hazardous materials, maximize energy efficiency during the product's lifetime, and promote recyclability or biodegradability of waste. As an IT enthusiast, I think we should do our part in helping out and conserving the environment.

BLOG: www.dgmancera.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.dgmancera.blogspot.com
shane sacramento

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

The very first lesson and the most important thing I've learned from college is actually about the program name itself. I was some kind of a human being who don't have any idea of what course to take, and so I cam up with a decision to take up BSIT for college. This is without me knowing what does Information Technology stands for. In my almost four years of enrolling the same course each semester, I have come to find out and realize that it is more than what computer is and it is not even about computers at all. I guess this is enough knowledge so that I'd be able to contribute to the future of the IT society and infrastructure. Knowing what I'm worthy of and what my profession is for is enough.

My life as a college student has taught valuable things to live up for the future. I have become a person who knows who can contribute. First of all is the ability to use programming languages in order to tell computers what to do. I have identified it as a skill that I learned from college that will empower me to contribute to the future IT society or industry. The second one is the ability work under pressure, in which students from my school is trained to become a person who can work under pressure and n=being able to make systems within a short period of time. Other things I've gained from college are knowledge about FOSS(free-open source software), which are computer applications that are given free all over the web.

Back to top Go down
John Cesar E. Manlangit

John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: Case Study 2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 pm

As a future IT professional, my contributions for the development of technology will be:

• New ideas in software development – Softwares nowadays ranges from simple applications up to business applications. The needs of the people who are using softwares for their own purposes grow bigger, and software developers must suffice that needs. Having new ideas for software development will be a big help in the field of software development.

• Responsible use of modern technology – As an IT professional in the near future, I must be responsible in using these modern technologies. I must set myself as an example to the people in using these technologies. We know that these technologies have a good effect in our everyday lives, but we must be aware also of the bad effects of these technologies. If all the people are responsible in using these technologies, then these technologies will not be abused and will be used for bad purposes.
Back to top Go down
Joverly A. Gonzales

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

We all know that IT now days are very helpful to our industry or even in all areas of the society. As an IT professional someday maybe I can contribute the following for the development of technology.

Give Importance of Time Management
Time management is the art of arranging, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting one’s time for the purpose of generating more effective work and productivity. Effective time management is the essential for the good quality of finish product without cramming and stress for the people involved.

An advocate of FOSS
FOSS or Free Open Source Software is software that is liberally licensed to grant the right of users to use, study, change, and improve its design through the availability of its source code. Through FOSS knowledge, people know and used the software without violating the law like Piracy. Aside from its free, the people have the will to change, modify the code of the software according to what the user needs.

Educating Rural area about Information Technology
Education is the process of learning and knowing something. In the rural area, less percent are knowledgeable about the recent technology. In educating them, they can possible applying it to their daily lives and be able to follow the trend.
Back to top Go down
Jerusalem M. Alvaira

PostSubject: Case Study 2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Promote green computing
As an IT professional in the future, one thing that I can contribute for the development of technology is to promote green computing. I can also promote green computing by providing ideas to create gadgets that are not only energy efficient but also gives off less radiation which are harmful to the environment and its inhabitants.

Promote FOSS
By using FOSS, the users will gain a lot of benefits because these kinds of products do not require them to pay royalty fees or any bonds in order for them to use the product. Furthermore, these products are cheaper than proprietary software. In addition, FOSS allows the users to have full access on the product for development and learning purposes. As a contribution to the development of technology, I can promote FOSS by using such products. In the future, I can also contribute by becoming a part of a team that develops FOSS products

Provide ideas on innovating medicine through IT

Great inventions originate from ideas. As a future IT professional, I can contribute to the development of technology by providing ideas that will provide innovations in the field of medicine. Examples are ideas that provide safer medical apparatuses for patients.
Back to top Go down
emiliojopiajr.

PostSubject: Case #2   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 pm

As a future IT professional, what do you think will be your contributions for the development of technology based on what you
learned from college? Define each and state its implications towards our IT society and industry.

Someday as an IT professional I may contribute to the IT industry and to the society based from what I have learned from my college years.

Contribute in Developing an Effective Information Systems

Maintaining a well designed and properly implemented management information system offers management tremendous
opportunities for improving the quality and effectiveness of corporate plans and for achieving much sounder control of the
business activities at all levels within the organization. By making steps in harnessing the advances that are being made in the field
of information technology for developing effective information systems to aid management
in their planning and control decisions.

Back to top Go down
Sheila Capacillo

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm

As a future IT professional, I think in some ways I can contribute something for our society. Even though I’m not that good in this program I chose, I think there are some ideas that I can probably suggest based on what I have learned for the past four years of this program. Those contributions can probably be the following:

Arrow Green Computing: As the technology changes, the climate changes too. In order to have a harmless development of technology I would like to suggest more ideas that could support green computing. The industries should have a program that can incorporate with the green computing campaign. In this way we can help the society in developing and maintaining a healthy society.

Arrow Development of Application Securities: Since the technologies now a days are getting bigger, we should always develop a advance securities for our applications to control different elements that may harm our data. In this case the society may have a comfortable usage of different applications.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)   Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Case Study 2 (Due: January 5, 2011)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next